Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Young Frankenstein: The Musical

I'm off today - and  a little under the weather - but I did want to mention that we saw this in Milwaukee last night:




I'm a HUGE YF fan - it's my number three favorite movie of all time- so I was really looking forward to this. I thought they did a great job overall - and I was really impressed with the way the three main actors : Victor, Elizabeth, the Monster - managed to make the parts their own. Of course all the iconic lines are still there -  but just like Spamalot, I felt that the best parts weren't with the lines you already knew - but with the songs and the new material that the actors had to work with.

Overall, better than I expected.  I think I would have liked it regardless, but I thought the sons were great and the cast top notch.  I recommend it if you have the chance.

No comments: