Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 3: Troll Hunter


This has to be the year I've seen the fewest movies in like, ever. I saw this movie when it played the Times last summer - for whatever reason, it interested me enough to make the effort to leave the house - which is saying something. I work in the community and after spending all day in the freaking blazing heat we had all summer, it had to be something pretty stellar to get me back out in it again once I was home.

If you don't like the POV style movies like Blair Witch, Diary of the Dead, and Cloverfield, I'm probably not going to sell you on this one - but I'd still suggest giving it a chance.  It's original and funny and, yes, I was creeped out more than once.  A couple of reviews I read seemed to be think that the filmmakers failed by showing more of the trolls than they should have - and while I'm usually a proponent of 'less is more', I think I would have been disappointed if I hadn't seen any trolls.  Maybe for some people, it didn't work, but I thought the trolls were scary and interesting enough to see more than once. 

Yay for monsters back in movies!
Just a simple girl,
Mama F.

No comments: