Monday, December 21, 2009

100 Posts and Oh, By the Way......

I'VE GRADUATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hells, yeah. It's official and I'm now the new owner of a Master's Degree in Nursing -AND a rice cooker. I picked up one of those last week too. Not sure how I made it this long without one. Although hopefully the graduate degree will come in handy as well.

And that's why it's been fairly quiet at the Firefly ranch lately. It's certainly not due to a lack of films that might have piled up (due to Amazon's rocking Halloween and Black Friday sales).

No, it's been because of prepping and presenting version 4.0 of the clinical project, finishing up last minute things for my classes, and getting ready for a boss-ASS party that myself and the P. Cash hosted last weekend. Add starting a new job and adjusting to working days again has left Mama F. very busy and too tired to make it through a movie, let alone do any of my usual Christmas activities.

Usual activities meaning = making cookies + Black Christmas + a martini.

I didn't plan on making my graduation post my 100th post of the year - I didn't even realize that I'd posted 99 times this year till yesterday. 100 is not that many considering how prolific many other people are - but it's already twice as many posts as I did in 2008 - and with everything else that was going on this year, I'm pretty frickin' happy with what I managed to get done. I still plan on doing more by the time the year is over, and my goal is to double the amount of posts again next year.

So thanks to everyone who's been following and reading my blog, and my fantastic friends and family who helped with and came to my party. Thanks for supporting me for the last three years and understanding when you didn't see or hear from me for weeks at a time. And a special shout out to my girl, Mandy, for making laugh so hard on Saturday I cried my makeup off. Not only did she make me laugh, she also was nice enough to babysit the devil baby purse all night. Now that's a friend!

Let the scary movie reviewin' commence........

Mother Firefly



Photo Source: Awkward Family Photos

3 comments:

deadlydolls said...

Congrats on the rice cooker!

Viking Wolf Woman said...

LOL! Thanks, Emily!

I got a rice cooker, graduated, AND got kissed by Tom Atkins in the same year!

I think Total World Domination might be mine very soon........

deadlydolls said...

I vote YOU for president!