Monday, September 6, 2010

TeeCycle

Hey, my friends:

A couple of weeks ago I FINALLY had the opportunity to attend an event I'd been trying to get to for months.

Iron Cupcake.

Which was totally awesome and DELICIOUS - and it inspired one of my good friends to enter September's contest as a baker.

Iron Cupcake is way too much fun, and if you're so inclined, check out their blog,
Nobody Puts Cupcake in a Corner. 
IC started in Milwaukee, but it's currently on a mission to spread the cupcake love all over the country.

But what I really want to mention is a couple of people I met at IC, Tim and Jess from Teecycle.org

They run a great website selling recycled classic t-shirts.
Well, this last July, parts of Milwaukee had some major flooding, and some homes were severely damaged. I
Among those was the home of Tim, Jess and their daughter Clara.

You can read all about the flood and what happened to their home on the Teecycle blog. 

They need a lot of help and funds to rebuild their home.  If you have some time, check out Teecycle - who knows, you might find some rockin' shirt - and also help a family in need at the same time.

and here's another website, Save TeeCycle, created to help raise money for the family and their home. 

No comments: