Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 12- Time for a Party

Today's Halloween photo comes to you courtesy of my cat Ash. He is proud to epitomize the holiday for you!


I said I'd keep Sundays lighter- so today I'd like to showcase another favorite from my childhood-

Mad Monster Party!

This wonderful animagic film was made by the brilliant team of Rankin-Bass. If you're not familiar with it, surely you're familiar with their Christmas offerings like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and my favorite, The Year Without A Santa Claus (go Cold Miser!) When I was little, the Christmas shows were always a 'special presentation' on prime time tv.

Mad Monster Party was harder to find, but I do remember watching it several times. I'd usually find it on a weekend afternoon, and I'm assuming it was around Halloween time. The part I always remembered was the actual 'party', when the skeleton band plays and the mummy unravels while he dances.



This movie disappeared from my radar for a few years-local tv stations stopped showing it, and my memory of it grew vaguer and vaguer. I can't recall when it was released on VHS- possibly when my mom owned her store? But I do remember when it came out on DVD. It was one of the first DVDs I ever bought, and remains one of my favorites to this day.

Here's the one clip I could find with my favorite character in the movie, Yetch.



So kick off your shoes, grab a sandwich, settle back and get ready to do 'The Mummy'



Until tomorrow,
Stop with the Pinching!
Mother Firefly

4 comments:

Mandy Ann said...

Oh Ash, it is so nice to see you again.
Since I know nothing about nothing you post, I figured I would at least give a shout out to my boy Boo.
And also tell you that every time I see "Movies I heart real bad", I giggle.

Viking Wolf Woman said...

HeeHee!

Yer boy Boo gives you a shout out right back!

And what are you talking about, I posted all about monkeys just for you!

Mandy Ann said...

According to my calculations, it is October 19th. That puts you slightly behind in your countdown. I would like to suggest you get your priorities straight. Gosh.

Viking Wolf Woman said...

I know, I am a HUGE ASS LOSER. But hey, homework's done.