Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Three : Buried




This was the finale for the Milwaukee Film Festival last night.

All I knew about this movie going in was:
Ryan Reynolds.
Buried Alive.
Cell Phone and Lighter included.

I highly suggest if you're going to see this - and it opens in wide release next weekend - that you avoid knowing much else.  I think letting the events unfold in front of you (vs going into the movie knowing who he is, where he is, and how he got there) will make for a much richer movie experience.

Buried is not a fun movie to watch.  I'm glad I saw it, I'm happy I saw it at the venue I did, but it was NOT an enjoyable night at the movies. And I'll never watch it again.

How's that for a recommendation?

Creeped the F**K out,
Mother Firefly

4 comments:

John Rozum said...

I totally get that recommendation. I do want to see this. Now to see if I can find the time this month to do so.

Jumbo's Lezis said...

I heard there is a surprise ending. Its a good thing its not a M Knight Shalamalaladingo movie. If it was as the previews and trailers progressed we would know the entire movie.

Viking Wolf Woman said...

Awesome.....if you do manage to see it, let me know what you think.

Viking Wolf Woman said...

JL: I'm glad it was not a Shalamaladingo movie either. Then it would have been twice as long and he would have a special guest role and it would have moved at a snail's pace. I recommend you see it before you learn too much about it. I'm glad I didn't know anything going in. I can't imagine knowing the ending before I saw it.