Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 1- Don't Make Me Do It!

As I've stated many times in the past, I'm a cheap ass when it comes to buying things for myself. Mainly because I have to be (read = graduate student) and also because, well, I'm just a cheap ass. I don't buy DVDs when they're first released, and I hardly ever buy them when they're not on sale. I learned my lesson paying 14.99 for too many movies only to find them for sale for less than ten bucks in a few months. My philosophy is, if you just wait long enough, everything is five bucks. Well kind of. You know what I mean.

I'm a total stinge when it comes to buying movies, and I'm even more so when it comes to other things (read = anything that is NOT a horror movie). And when it comes to Halloween, I wait till after the holiday and then go to Target so I can buy a skeleton blanket and say Hey! I NEEDED a skeleton blanket and this one is only FIVE bucks. Because, in my cheap ass mind, everything should be five bucks.

Anyway- I was in Madison last weekend, and there are all kinds of cool and funky stores, and I look at lots of cool things and then don't buy them because I just can't bring myself to spend the money on them for myself. But then I ran into this thing, and as over priced as I thought it was, Mother F had to bring it home and hang it on the wall.

Or put it on my coffee table, as it is in this picture. (which is just about its real life size)


I think it speaks for its own tiny self.

And uh - don't make me do it. Because I WILL.

And your little dog too,
Mother Firefly

3 comments:

harleygirl13 said...

This is very special indeed. It is something that must be said as a warning to all and so many times we don't call them when we realy should have but at least now anyone who sees this will know that they are treading on delicate ground so be careful.BEWARE!

Viking Wolf Woman said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm going to have a panic button installed under my desk.

harleygirl13 said...

OMG! What a great idea! I think I need one too. Right now my calming tool is my bobble head Dexter looking down at me from on top of my computer. I'm learning a lot from the master. Killing really IS stress relief.