Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 23: Zombieland (FINALLY!)



Yes, I finally saw it.
And no, I wasn't disappointed.
It was right in line with my own personal belief system concerning the potential uprising of the undead:





If we do ever actually find ourselves in the midst of a zombie apocalypse
-or what I like to refer to as 'when the shit comes down' - As in 'When the shit comes down, I'm going to board up the window in the kitchen first' -
we might as well have a GOOD time.

I saw the first trailer a couple months ago and since then, I've managed to avoid seeing even one more minute of footage, pictures, reviews, you name it. Even if means practicing my zen method of blocking out the media - which really just means closing my eyes, covering my ears, and saying la-la-la-la-la-la-I CAN'T HEAR YOU-la-la-la-la extremely loudly.

So in the spirit of that - just in case you haven't seen it yet - I'm not going to say jack about the plot. Go, eat some popcorn, have some fun.

I just have one leetle bone to pick with editing.

It's a zombie movie.
So why not show me some ZOMBIES??
I mean, I saw LOTS of zombies - for about a millisecond at a time.
It made me all nostalgic and weepy eyed for Day of the Dead and Romero's lingering shots of dead peeps. Romero shot Savini's zombie makeups with love.

I was looking for the poster online and came across this screen shot of the movie:

And I was all, that was in the movie? I mean, I remember zombie kids, but I never got to really SEE one. I don't get it. Can't we take a moment and just LOOK at the dang dead people?? Sigh. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Boom-boom,
Mother Firefly

No comments: